Call (502) 822-2230 for Help Recovering Compensation After a Car Accident in Louisville
If you have recently been involved in a car, you are likely experiencing some immediate changes, inconveniences, and expenses. You are probably in need of car repairs, money for a rental car, and expenses related to healthcare for any injuries you sustained during the accident. If it’s been a while since your car accident and you are considering taking legal action, it may be because your expenses may have skyrocketed and grown significantly since your collision due to serious, long-term injuries.
In either case, it may become necessary to file a personal injury complaint against the person or driver whose actions resulted in your injuries and expenses in order to recover the money you need. However, what exactly can you sue for in a car accident lawsuit?
If you have been injured and are in need of immediate legal help, call the Justice Law Firm at (502) 822-2230 today.
Compensation for Medical Expenses in Car Accident Cases
A car accident may cause a variety of terrible injuries, including burns, scars, whiplash, brain damage, internal bleeding, and more. Depending on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of your auto accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Auto repairs
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance costs
- Visits with medical specialists
- Disabilities (short-term, long-term, and permanent)
- In-home healthcare services (including home health aide and companion services)
- All treatments and therapies related to injuries caused by the accident
Long-Term Costs of Car Accident Injuries
These are all of the immediate, apparent costs associated with an accident-related injury, and they are among the most easy to demonstrate in a personal injury lawsuit or car accident case. However, these are not the only costs you may incur or wish to seek compensation for when suing the person who caused your injuries. If your injuries are severe and life-changing, you may also wish to recover compensation for damages stemming from any of the following:
- Mental or physical distress: A serious injury can create an enormous amount of emotional anguish and stress for individuals and families. This is only applicable for people who are consciously in pain during or after the time of their injury.
- Lost income: If your injuries have kept you out of work for a time, you can sue the person responsible for all of the wages you missed out on during your recovery. If your injury has cost you a job, abruptly ended your working life, or significantly reduced your employability, you can also work with your personal injury attorney to calculate how much that injury will cost you in the long run and demand compensation in court.
- Loss of companionship or intimacy: There is legal recourse for people who have been injured in such a way that permanently damages their ability to experience personal connection with loved ones, including sexual activity. This claim can also be brought in wrongful death cases by those left behind who are themselves experience loss of affection or consortium.
You Need a Tough Personal Injury Lawyer to Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Don’t wait until your injuries become so personally and financially costly that it is too great a burden to bear. Get in touch with a compassionate, knowledgeable personal injury attorney right away if you have been harmed or forced to foot the bill for medical expenses and long-term expenses related to an injury caused by a car accident.
At the Justice Law Office, we take our clients’ pain, suffering, injuries, and expenses seriously. Let us fight for you and help you ensure the responsible party is brought to justice. In doing so, we will also do everything in our power to ensure you are fairly compensated for your injuries.Call (502) 822-2230 today to speak to a personal injury attorney in Louisville or fill out this short form to tell us how we can best serve you.