Bicyclists face much more danger than other commuters because they have no protection, and they are harder to see. Drivers often miss them on the road because they are small and fit easily in vehicles’ blind spots.
If you or a loved one was painfully injured in a bicycle accident in the Louisville area, you deserve the representation of an injury attorney who is prepared to fight aggressively for you and your rights.
As an avid cyclist, Attorney Scott Justice understands the dangers bicyclists face on roadways. If you want a Louisville personal injury lawyer who knows how to protect your rights, turn to the Justice Law Office.
We will fight to ensure your voice is heard. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and now we are ready to do the same for you. Contact us today to get started on your case.
Unfortunately, many—if not most—bicycle accidents occur because of the drivers of motor vehicles. Many drivers are irresponsible, distracted, and make reckless choices that put cyclists and pedestrians in harm’s way.
It’s important to recognize the causes of these accidents and how drivers can take steps to improve their awareness and to do their part to protect everyone with whom they share the road.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Kentucky include:
- A motorist makes a right-hand turn into the path of a bicyclist
- A motorist fails to look for cyclists before changing lanes
- A motorist fails to look for cyclists before opening their door
- A motorist tries to pass a bicyclist on a narrow roadway
- Poorly constructed roadways present dangers to a bicyclist
Important Tips for Biking Safely
- Before you hit the road, do a quick survey of your bike. Ensure everything looks good, your saddle is properly set, breaks and wheels are working properly, and “quick release” wheels are secure.
- Remember to always wear a helmet, as well as all other appropriate safety gear.
- Behave like a car—be stable, predictable, and follow patterns that the cars around you will expect and understand, as opposed to weaving through traffic. Observe the traffic laws cars observe.
- Be sure to look ahead of you so you can have time to react to potential obstacles and other dangers.
- Observe this cardinal safety rule: Look, signal and look. Use the proper left, right, and stop hand signals to alert other drivers and cyclists of your intentions. Check before you signal and after.
- Always be visible, utilizing reflectors, lights, and bright clothing particularly when biking at night.
- Avoid distractions, such as texting, listening to music, or talking on the phone, so that you can pay full attention to your surroundings and avoid potential dangers.
Our Louisville Bike Accident Lawyers Can Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bike accident, you may need legal representation. Our team at the Justice Law Office is here to answer all of your questions and to provide you with help and support at this time.
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for the individuals we represent; our team is set to put that experience to work for your benefit.
$100,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
$150,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
$95,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
$25,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
$25,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
$20,000.00 AUTO COLLISION
If it wasn't for Scott, I don't know what I would be doing financially.
Mr. Justice helped me with my work comp claim and if it wasn't for him I would have only gotten pennies. He made sure that I got the money I deserved for my injuries at work.- Regina
Scott came to our rescue. The weight of the stress was lifted.
Scott was so beneficial with our case we would have never been able to obtain the judgment on our own.- Carl
This law firm went above and beyond any expectations I could had ever set. When one laywer said they couldn't help, this law firm stepped up and took the case and settled quite nicely. The professionalism was out of this world.
This law firm went above and beyond any expectations I could had ever set. When one laywer said they couldn't help, this law firm stepped up and took the case and settled quite nicely. The professionalism was out of this world. I highly recommend this law- Jay J.
We ensure the best possible outcome – we want you to succeed.
We deliver our services at a great price and want to bring the best value to our clients.
We make communication a priority; we want the process to be clear and simple.
We deliver honest and clear counseling for the best results.